Tips to Clean Outdoor Furniture tomake them Last Longer
It is important that you take special care of your outdoor furniture because they go through a lot lying out there under the sun. To make them last longer, you should at least clean them twice or thrice a year. Now, outdoor or garden furniture is made from a variety of materials. Each type demands a special type of cleaning which we are going to discuss here.
How to Clean Different Types of Outdoor Furniture?
Outdoor furniture can be made of the following materials:
Each type needs to be cleaned differently. Have a look!
- You can use mild oil-based soap mixed with warm water.
- You can also use the commercial wood cleaners. But, read the instructions carefully before using it.
- Regularly wipe the wooden furniture to remove the dirt and water to protect it.
- Also, consider applying a fresh coat of oil or polyurethane coating annually.
- In thecase of metal furniture, oxidization is the main problem. Therefore, remove as much of the imperfection you can before cleaning with metal polishing paste or with a 1:1 solution of water and vinegar.
- If your furniture is made of aluminum then, wash it regularly to maintain itsluster.
- Apply sanding to combat rust. Also, apply rust-resistant primer before coating it with rust-resistant paint.
- After cleaning, use automotive wax for protection.
- Detergents and home cleaning sprays are the best things to use when cleaning glass furniture.
- Use glass-safe nonabrasive material to clean up any stuck-up dirt or debris.
- After cleaning, apply glass cleaner or white vinegar and wipe it off with a paper towel.
Well, to be honest when it comes to outdoor furniture nothing can stand in comparison with wooden furniture, especially teak garden furniture. There is something special about the beauty of thewooden furniture. So if you are planning to get new outdoor furniture consider teak garden furniture sets and Teak furniture bench.